Friday, September 12, 2008

Soul Journal - Part 5



I decided to redo my Soul Journal. In looking ahead to the next steps we are to do, I realized my original book probably wouldn't hold up so decided to get a different journaling book. I got one with a little thicker pages and a little bit bigger area to work on.

The only pages I actually redid were the first page since I liked the others and didn't want to redo them. I just glued them into this book instead.

This was the next step of the Journal. First we had to write two pages with the heading "I forgot to tell you....". Then we had to use all kinds of different tapes to tape over the journaling. After that, we had to sand the tape and paint over it.

Though our journaling was to be something that no one else would ever see, I chose to write my known sins. The left page represents my heart filled with sin and the right page represents the cross where Jesus died to take away my sin. Even though I covered up my sins with tape and paint, Jesus covered them with His blood.

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace" Ephesians 1:7 (NIV)

God bless,
Linda

2 comments:

Dawn said...

This is fantastic. I really love it! You did a really nice job with this! I love the look of the new blog, doin' good mama!

Anne said...

Sounds like you did the right thing getting a new journal with thicker pages. When you start painting and taping them and scraping and rearranging them, they have to be strong enough to take it!