Saturday, November 8, 2008

Gothic Arch




This is my first attempt at creating a gothic arch. It was actually fun to do.

The theme is "Buttons" and buttons remind me of sewing.

I found this picture on ©2000 Denise Van Patten - Doll Collecting at About.com. The paper is just scrap paper. The "ribbon" is some that I've had laying around here for ages. It's paper with a sticky backing. The buttons I've had for years. I bought them when I did my family heritage album. And, the thimble was my grandmother's! She had a Singer sewing machine but not like the one pictured. However, my MIL's father had a similar one (I'll have to find out what happened to it after he died). He was a tailor and had his own shop.

I may try this again. I really did enjoy making this card. If you haven't given it a try, you should.


God bless,


Linda

12 comments:

Dawn said...

Ohhhh, this is just lovely. I really love it, you did a fantastic job!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, you need to sign up to the gothic arch site and post a link to this. It's really good!

Shelly Hickox said...

This is lovely! My great grandma had a sewing machine like that and she actually sewed on it all the time. I have very fond memories of cranking on that treadle when no one was looking, lol!

Willy said...

What a lovely arch!

Craftyideas said...

Beautiful arch

Judy said...

Delightful arch, Linda, you will become addicted to Gothic Arch creating, now!
I still have my Grandmother's Singer hand machine, it looks very much like the one in your arch & the wooden cover is the same too .... and it still goes, well over 100 years old!
JudyNZ

Virginia said...

Wonderful arch..

nancy said...

Linda, this is very lovely. Congratulations on your first arch. I've only made a few so far, but it is fun.
The link on the Gothic Arches site is a wrong address for you. It says .org at the end instead of .com. Someone needs to fix that so everyone can find you! I figured it out, but maybe not everyone will.
Nancy

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is wonderful.
Gorgeous arch. Love them.

Femmy said...

beautiful arch!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Arch Linda.

~*~Patty S said...

Your arch is lovely, great colors and shape and what a treasure to have that thimble :)

Suze said...

Hi Linda
Your arch is beautiful, just love that picture !!!