Friday, December 12, 2008

Longwood Gardens

Last Saturday, December 6 I went with my friend, Bernie, and two of her friends on a bus trip to Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA. It is one of my favorite places to visit. No matter which season you go, it's always so beautiful!! Of course, these few pictures don't do it justice at all. It's a place to be seen in person to appreciate the beauty.

My friend, Bernie. She is a horse lover so she wanted her pic taken with this horse!

Me, myself and I!!! But, don't look at me....look at the beautiful background!


One of the many Christmas trees.




This was outside after it started snowing. I thought it was neat how the snowflakes show up as white specks!


The lights outside were gorgeous. I tried changing the setting on my camera, but as you can see, it didn't help! I would have been better off leaving it the way it was!

Saturday was also the Army-Navy football game in Philadelphia. On our way down 95, the traffic was stopped for about 15-20 minutes because President Bush was going to the game. Those who sat in the front of the bus could see his motorcade but we were in the middle so didn't see it.

In one section of the Conservatory they had small trees which were decorated by different schools from both PA and NJ. We found one that was decorated by Grice Middle School, here in Hamilton Township.

I have to do a little researching to see if there is a place in TN like Longwood Gardens to visit when we move.

If you've never been there and live in the area, it's well worth the trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out Cheekwood, here in the Nashville area. I've always wanted to go; but haven't gotten there yet. From what I know, it's a great place for adults and kids alike. Glad you had a good time with the ladies! love, E