Monday, March 9, 2009

Child's BD Card

Good evening, or I really should say good morning!

I was laying in bed having a good sleep and dreaming about something I don't remember but in my dream someone yelled out from another room and it sounded so real it woke me up! Needless to say, when I wake up in the middle of the night like this (which is most nights) I don't usually go back to sleep for quite awhile....until just before the alarm goes off.

After praying for awhile, I got to thinking about my blog and the cardmaking I've done the past couple of days. Since we're in the middle of preparing to move one of these days and I have to get ready soon to pack up my craftroom, I've been trying to get upcoming BD and Anniversary cards done.

Those of you who know me personally know my personal creativity extends to plain and simple! Oh, I can take someone else's creation and turn it into my own but to come up with an idea myself is alot harder. I love that my DDs can take a blank page and instantly come up with an idea!

It's even harder for me to make children's cards. Of course, I don't have too many stamps for making cards for children so that doesn't help! I've never made a card for any of my grands because of these facts but have always bought them. Last weekend when we had our Cards for Heroes party and I saw some of the women using the children's Stampin' Up stamps I brought (I've had them but never used them), I decided I'd give it a try.

But, shhhhhhh, don't tell Hannah!

Since pink is her favorite color, it wasn't hard to choose the paper. This little guy I bought at the One Little Spark store last weekend. I cuttlebugged using the Happy Birthday embossing folder. I just love the penquins. I plan to get some more. I used Dawn's baby oil technique in the coloring. She also introduced me to the Fun Flock which I used on his belly. It's so neat....and easy!


I was thrilled with how this little girl came out!! Hannah loves to wear dresses. Don't you think this looks like her, Dawn?! Of course, I have to tell you that the first time I tried putting the arms on, I had them backwards which would be fine for someone who is double jointed!! :-)

Anyway, this is my first attempt at a card for one of the children in my life but it won't be the last!

Good night and God bless,
Linda

No comments: