Thursday, September 17, 2009

A little of this, a little of that....

Not much to blog about these days but since I came on here to change the layout and update the Operation Write Home link that was formerly Cards for Heroes, I thought I'd just jot down a few words.

We recently spent two weeks at our home in TN. It was our gs 10th birthday and since we haven't been with him for his birthday for three years, I felt it was time. He got the Rock Band set as one of his gifts so, of course, we had to play it. Later in the week the Beatles Rock Band came out and, of course, DH had to get it! But, I must admit it is fun, especially since I know the songs!

This pic was taken with the family playing regular Rock Band before we got the Beatles. Since I'm the picture taker it was a little hard to get a pic when we played the Beatles Rock Band as I was the "lead" singer!!

We had a great time being with the family.

I did get to do a little gardening and lots of weeding while there. I had some trees that a friend of mine gave me that I finally got planted. I just pray they continue to survive and grow. They've been in pots for months and have done okay. I don't have to worry about them being watered as I hear there's lots of rain down there.

It was fun to see flowers growing that I didn't know I had. DD tells me that every time they go over to the house a different flower is blooming.

Just for the heck of it I thought I'd put out my hummingbird feeders. I couldn't believe it when, in no time at all, there were at least six hummers and continued to be for the two weeks we were there. When I came home, however, I found my hummers here are gone. Or, if they are still around, I haven't seen them.

A sad note, though....when we got home, we had to have our dog put to sleep. He was 14 and starting to lose control of his bowels and not able to get up the back steps of the deck (only two steps). Benjamin's in doggie heaven with his friends now and running and playing better than he has in a long time.

We still have DS boxer here. He and Benjamin weren't really friends. They didn't fight except when food was involved and usually Ben would start it!

I see by the clock it's getting late and I have work tomorrow. 6:30 comes fast, though sometimes it seems to take forever when I'm tossing and turning and can't sleep. Right now my body feels tired but my mind is wide awake.

God bless!

No comments: