Friday, October 10, 2008

Exciting, but scary

Retirement!

DH's original plan was to retire October 2009. Last week he received an offer for an early buy-out with his last day of work being November 14, 2008. It's a good deal, so he decided to go for it!

One of my friends commented that she can't believe we are of the age to actually be thinking about retirement already! Where has the time gone?

For months our plan has been to move to TN when DH retired. Now we can start to work toward that goal, but it will take time. There are certain local/state requirements that have to be addressed before selling the house as well as some cosmetic things to be done. Plus, we all know how bad the economy is these days so I don't think we'll be going anywhere any time soon!

I plan to continue my job at the church until we actually are ready to leave. I love my job and the people I work for and with and there's no reason why I shouldn't stay. I know my boss, the pastor, was happy to hear that!! :-)

It's an exciting but scary time for us right now. We're starting a new season of our life, which makes it exciting and fun but because of the unknown future of the economic crisis, it's scary. But, we have our faith in Jesus and that's where we have to keep our focus as we move ahead in the weeks and months to come.

Retirement!!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Mom, the post is hard to read, the pink is really light, I am glad it's not gonna be a super fast move, it will be a hard one for me to see you go, I know our relationship will change, and I need a little time to take that all in. Can't wait to help fix up the house, it will be fun to spend some time helping with those projects, jon & I are ready to help when ever you need us! Missing ya already,

Blessings, Carole said...

Wow, I know it's what Gene has been praying for and we are happy for you both. Glad you won't move as quickly to TN - except I know you'll be going sooner or later. And that's a blessing to be near the other kids.

We'll pray all goes well and swiftly for the prep and sale of the house.

God is in control - as always.

Blessings, Carole