Saturday, October 11, 2008

Soul Journal - Paper Dolls





I finally got around to making my paper dolls! I know they are a little out of proportion to each other. It was fun anyway!

I had bought a paper doll stamp but actually didn't like it when I went to use it. So, I checked out some free online paper doll sites and downloaded a bunch of different ideas and went from there.

Looks like my grandfather has flood pants on, doesn't it?!! He worked as an auto mechanic and I only remember him in his work clothes. He smoked cigars and there was always one in his hand or in his mouth. I meant to do that on my paper doll but forgot. Maybe I'll add it later.

My grandmother, though she was on the heavy side, was not a short woman. She was taller than my grandfather! But, of course, you can't tell that from her paper doll.

And, then there's me!

While I was making these dolls I kept thinking what a kick my grandparents would have gotten out of this! They would have had a good chuckle at how I made them look!

Now that I finally have this part done, I'll have to check out what's next but I know it'll be awhile before I get any more done on my Soul Journal. I'm making Cards of Heroes for Christmas and have to get them done soon.

Time to get dressed and go out and do some yard work. It's a beautiful day today!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, These are FANTASTIC...I don't think I can compare, your dols are PERFECT...WOW....WOW...WOW

Anonymous said...

Double Wow myself. You have to teach me concerning my blog and how you have created one so lovely, so informative, no unique. Gail