Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Two down, one to go...

Doctors appointments! Follow-up visits in regard to the breast cancer I had two years ago.

Two weeks ago I saw the radiation oncologist, Dr. S. I just love her!! She always is happy to see me and always gives me hugs!! She always remembers and knows exactly who I am. It makes me feel good not just to be another patient or number. She always tells us how she still uses the illustraton she first told to us when she tried to explain to DH how the radiation would work. I've never had a doctor like that and probably never will again! She's especially happy when she can tell me everything looks good!! PTL!!

I have to go back in six months to see her. When we told her we would probably not be here, she was actually disappointed. She wants to finish my follow-ups. I made the appointment, just in case we're still here but I told DH that if we're not, I can always fly back to see her as long as everything is okay.

Today I had to go to Philly to see the surgeon who did the mastectomy. Now, he's another story. With him I feel like just another patient out of the 100s he sees. Of course, it's been a year since my last visit. He, too, said everything looks good. PTL!! I don't have to see him any more, but he did say when we move it's important to find a medical oncologist.

Next month I go to see my medical oncologist in Philly so I'll ask her if she knows anyone in the Nashville area. I told DH that if Dr. D. wants me to come back for 6 month follow-up, maybe I'll see if I can make the appointment the same week as my other one and see her and Dr. S. I would kinda like to finish up with them also.

Now when we go over the bridge, I don't get that nervous feeling in my stomach like I use to for almost two years. I just get nervous that we'll get stuck in traffic and be late!! Today the traffic wasn't bad at all and we made it in an hour and in plenty of time. Actually, only once out of all the times we went to Philly did we get stuck in traffic but thankfully we were only about five minutes late.

The thing I absolutely hate about any of my doctors visits is getting on the scale! Yuck! After today's weigh in, I definitely need to cut back and try to lose some weight. I think some of my weight gain has been from the medicine, but I have to admit I sometimes overeat or eat things I shouldn't. I MUST try harder!!! Since I will be getting on the same scale a month from now when I go see Dr. D., my goal is to lose a few pounds at least.

That's my tale for today. Until next time,

God bless,
Linda

No comments: