Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's Official!!

DH and I went on Tuesday and got our TN driver's licenses and tags for the vehicles. So, I guess that makes us officially Tennesseans!!

I felt kinda weird when the woman handed me my driver's license. Though I wasn't born in NJ, I've lived there all but three years of my life. I'm a Jersey Girl!! I almost felt like I was giving up my citizenship or something.

"Watchable Wildlife" was the tag I chose for my car. DH just went with the generic tag. This may sound strange, too, but since they only use one tag here, the front of the car looks bare without a tag! I told DH I should get one that says "Jersey Girls don't pump gas"!! :-) But, I guess that's not such a good idea!

I must say that everyone we've encountered has been very nice and welcoming when they learn we have moved here. It's neat when you drive down the road and strangers who pass by in cars or who are standing near the road wave at ya; not in the cities but in the country they do.

I'm getting familiar with the roads and of course, I have my GPS if I need. This is a cute story....the other day my gd and I were driving back home and when we got to the P.O. in our town, she said I could turn off the GPS and she would be my GPS. I did and continued driving. I wasn't paying much attention because I was waiting for her to tell me when to turn. All of a sudden she says we passed the road where we were suppose to turn!! We turned around and went back. When we got home I told DH that my GPS didn't tell me to turn and we had missed the road!! He was a little confused until I told him about my human GPS!

Oh, I forgot! We also got our library cards!! Now that makes us official!

1 comment:

Gail said...

Well, like you said, you are official now. You seem pretty busy these days with all that you have to do to settle in down there. Up here, it is just the same old, same old. Glad you were able to get back to your cards. When do you do them girl, in the middle of the night? I miss knowing that you are not almost around the block anymore, but, I am still waiting for Gene to get your skype working so that it will feel like you are just down the street. Say hello to everyone from Vince and I. Gail