Sunday, May 16, 2010

OWH Cardmaking Party

On Saturday, May 15th DD Erica and I drove down to Pulaski, TN for our first ever Operation Write Home Cardmaking Party. We had a really good time and met lots of friendly women. We are hoping to be able to host our own Party one of these days. In the meantime, Judy, the woman who sponsored Saturday's party, is planning to have another one in September where we'll be making Christmas cards (my fav). Looking forward to it!


Here's Erica hard at work! We had just gotten back on Friday from our trip to NJ so really weren't prepared. Since Judy had kits already prepared, we worked on making cards from the kits. Next time we'll be more prepared and know what to bring.

Thanks to Judy for this picture of all of us who were at the OWH Cardmaking Party. As I said, everyone was very friendly and made us feel welcome.


Cards that Erica made. Cards I made.

Judy (check out her blog, GrammieJ) with the final box of cards. She counted 425 cards that were made by 14 of us. It was a very successful day!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I did not see this post...whooo hooo, looks like ya'll did have some great fun down there in TN. Wooo hoo...blog looks great. You ready to hop?

love dd, dawn

TN Granny said...

Linda,
425 cards is just fantastic and so is your card. I'm in Chattanooga and belong to TN Stampers. We're having a TN Retreat 3rd weekend in Sept.in Dickson, TN. You did great for your first time blog hop, be proud of yourself.
Stampin Hugs,
Jeanine

Melissa said...

That is so wonderful! I am going to need to host a party like that with my friends! Last year when my son was deployed to Iraq I started sending him cards then he asked me to add a friend before it was over I was sending 10 cards a week :) Not much but I loved it and I know the guys appreciated it! My son is now home but I have a brother in Afghanastan so I need to start sending him cards :) He just arrived last week.

Thank you!!