Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Midweek Throwdown Challenge from S & S

I've done a number of the Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenges but this is the first Midweek Challenge I have done. It caught my eye because the theme is "Christmas in July". I've been busy making Christmas cards for Operation Write Home the past couple weeks. So, I grabbed one I have done and am submitting it to the Midweek Challenge. Unfortunately, the picture isn't very good. I tried taking shot after shot and for some reason, they just aren't coming out clear.

But, here is my card for the Christmas in July Challenge:



The paper is just 65# white cardstock. I used the D'vine Swirls cuttlebug folder for the background and added gold stickles. The stamp is from SU as is the ink used. The ribbon is something I found in my stash.

Merry Christmas!!

12 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Super fabulous Christmas card! Good timing on the challenge too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at OWH and as a first timer on the Midweek Throwdown challenge! ;)

jayne said...

Very nice card! I love the clean design and the addition of the stickles.

Missy said...

I thought the ribbon was a piece of punched cardstock. A very nice card.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Very pretty card...I'm having trouble with my camera too the last 2 days...what's up!

Cindy's Card Co said...

I really like the idea with the swirls, I have that Cuttlebug folder, I may have to try that, makes it classy looking.

Lynn said...

"Simply" beautiful! I love the use of the stickles on the swirls and the stamp is really great!

Paula S. said...

I've never even considered using that folder for Christmas cards. Wonderful idea!. Very nice card.

helloholley said...

What a sweet Christmas card!!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh very nice! Warm aloha!

Noelle's Corner said...

bad pic or not I love that cuttlebug folder and your card

debb said...

Wonderful card!

Betty said...

Elegant yet fun - a hard combo but you totally pulled it off :)