Monday, August 16, 2010

Stars & Stamps Sketch 30

It's been awhile since the last S & S sketch from Operation Write Home I did. Can't believe it's already been 30 weeks! Where does the time go? If you are not familiar with OWH, why not take a moment to check out the website right now? It's a very worthwhile organization. We make cards of all sorts for our heroes overseas to use to send home to their family and friends. Afterall, it's highly doubtful there are many card stores in Iraq or Afghanistan!! Plus, these cards are made available to our troops for FREE.

This is the sketch for this week....



And, here's my creation using this sketch....




Not sure where the paper is from. It's some doublesided stuff my daughter gave me. The "note" is SU; the sentiment is from A Muse Artstamps. Inks are SU.

Sometimes I try to put a background that goes with the theme of the card. The only musical talent in our family is Rock Band! This is a replica of Paul McCartney's guitar from Beatles Rock Band.

7 comments:

SaDeBuque said...

very cute card! any music lover out there will love getting this one in the mail from their hero! :) have a great week!

helloholley said...

This will be great for any occasion!!! I know someone will treasure it....it's just lovely!!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Lovely card...and presentation was very nice....yup...could be used any time...

Missy said...

I love how you put your musical note card on the guitar. The card is very nice.

Unknown said...

Love the double meaning of "note" in this card. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card - You are amazing and so creative. I just know someone will be so happy to be able to send this to a loved one. Gail

Nancy Keller said...

Haha! I love to play rock band now and then with the boys. They always beat me, bad. That note is so cute! What a great musical card!