Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A late night / early morning note

For some people, like me, 1:45 is late night; for others, it's early morning. I'm not usually up this late without having first been to bed for a couple of hours, but haven't been to bed yet. Hopefully, I'll sleep when I do get there.

I've been here in TN since Saturday morning. The people in this house are late to bed and late to rise, which is the opposite of my normal life! Earlier this evening we had family game night. We played Disney Scene It. Later, after the children were in bed, the adults played Hand and Foot and watched American Dreams.

Thank you for prayers for Erica. She is doing very well. Still a little sore, especially when she gets to laughing. I took her to dr today for check up. He took out the drain and checked everything. He said she's doing well. He told her she can lift up to 20 lbs. and go up steps now, but she's not gonna try and lift anything heavy yet. He did tell her she needs to do more walking.

Turned out the hernia she had was a serious one and thank the Lord she went when she did and had the operation. I can't believe her gyn was so stupid not to realize all this time what the problem was. Her surgeon told her it was caused by having had three c-sections. You mean to tell me the gyn never saw this kind of situation before? I even had several retired nurses tell me this is something that can happen in multiple c-sections. If they know this, why didn't the doctor?

The weather here is about the same as home - hot and humid. DGD's Girl Scout troop met at a local water park this morning for a couple hours. It's a pretty neat place. I've never seen or heard about anything like it in NJ. It's a park where they have all kinds of different water spouts running and the children can play in it for free. They had spouts coming up out of the ground, others that poured buckets of water, others they ran through, even big water guns that were stationary. All the children that were there seemed to be having a good time and keeping cool as well. I wanted to take pics but my camera wasn't working. I did get one pic on my cell phone.

Grandchildren are all getting big. The baby is now getting up on all fours so she will probably start crawling soon. Erica gave Elizabth some juice from a sippy cup just to see if she would like it and she did very well with it. She will be 6 months on the 5th of August. Her older brother and sister are a great help.

I think I really better go and get some sleep! My mind is slowing down and I can see I'm just rattling on!

God bless,
Linda

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I was wondering how the trip was going! glad E, is doing better. I would love it if you would take pics of Lizzy D, I have not seen her since mothers day=(