Sunday, August 10, 2008

Notes for Today

To start out, here's a pic of my TN GC, Anthony, Elizabeth Dawn (named after a certain someone!), and Hannah. You should see how Hannah just picks E up and carries her around! I say that because H is not very big herself. I think it's really neat how both older siblings take care of the baby. They love her and she loves them.

Last night DH and I went out to dinner and to the movies. We ate at TGI Friday's. Haven't been there in a long time. The meals we had were delicious!! He had ribs; I had chicken. We even splurged and had dessert! Ymmmmm!!

We were going to see "Swing Vote" but when we got to the theater, it wouldn't have started for about an hour and we didn't want to hang around that long so decided we'd see "Mama Mia", which was only about a half hour wait. Well, it was a good choice! We both really liked it! The music was great! We don't usually buy soundtracks but this one we will and we will definitely be buying the DVD when it comes out.

Of course, all night long the songs just kept playing over and over in my head. My thought this morning before church was I hoped that we would sing something that would replace the others as I was tired of repeating "Mama Mia" and "Dancing Queen"!!! Isn't that annoying? When you get a song in your head and can't get it out no matter what!

I'm not a great fan of musicals, though I love "West Side Story" and "Fiddler on the Roof", and now I can add "Mama Mia" to my list of favorites! Go see it if you haven't already.


I made some notecards for the Lydia Project today. This is a group of women from Atlanta, Georgia who make homemade totes for women who have cancer. They send the totes free of charge, filled with goodies. There are women who work with the organization who use the notecards to write notes of encouragement and support during the month. If you know of a woman who has cancer and might like to have one of these totes, you can click on the link listed and check out the website.

DD Dawn, and I are getting together in a couple weeks to make cards. She's a funny girl.....she thinks we can whip out 100 cards in a day!!! I told her she could but I'm not sure about me!


I actually completed a scrapbook!!! I haven't done any scrapbooking in ages but I wanted to make a grandparents album for our friends whose daughter had the "miracle" baby a couple weeks ago. I had started it quite awhile ago, but figured I had plenty of time to get it done but the baby was born earlier than planned, then I went to TN for a week so it didn't get done. I finally finished it last night after we got home from our night out. I'm not creative like most scrapbookers I know, but I'm actually pleased with how it came out. I plan to stop by their house after work tomorrow and give it to them.

My TN DD and I made a scrapbook for the parents of the baby, which I gave them at the shower back in June. I still haven't seen the baby, though. I tried calling to see if I could go over today but they must have been out. So, that's one of my goals this week. I will take a pic and post it.

Nothing much going on around here. We had a thunder storm earlier which has cooled things off a bit so we don't need the A/C.

Dawn had IM'd me earlier and said I haven't blogged in awhile. Though I like doing this, I find I don't have much of anything interesting to write about compared to what I read on other blogs, including Dawn's.

That's about it for now. I think I'll go make myself a cup of coffee. I have to get busy reading our book club book. We're reading "The Faith Club". For some reason I just can't get "into" it.


God bless,

Linda

2 comments:

Dawn said...

WOW, the Children are getting sooo big! DOES Lizzy girl, have brown hair????? Wow, Lizzy girl, I like that,I call Hannah, Hannah Girl! Glad you had fun. You need to take pics of the cards you made and put them on here!!!! and the scrapbook.

Anne said...

Hi, Linda! I think it's fabulous that you started a blog! I had a bit of trouble when I first started, too. It's like you want to write everything down at once... and then you don't have anything new for a while.

What I've found is that it is better to divide up what I have to say into smaller chunks. A bit about one thing, then a bit about another. I make everything a separate post, save them all as drafts, and then release them into the "blogosphere" a litte at a time.

You could take pictures of the notecards you make, or scrapbooks you finish, and post them as separate posts. Do one on the book you're reading. One for a family photo or two. Another about a movie. Then you'd have 4 or 5 posts to spread out. Save some that aren't time sensitive, like the notecards you've made, and use those on days when you don't have a lot to say.

I hear you might start an art journal. That will be so fun! Can't wait to see what you come up! There are no "bad" art journals ... all art is good! Hope you'll share some of your favorite pages! :-)