Monday, August 23, 2010

Stars & Stamps Sketch 31

I thought I would do something with a different kind of theme for this week's sketch at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps. I made a Christmas card. A bit early but I've been making Christmas cards for OWH anyway. It takes me awhile to get enough done to send in so I start in July. Since we have company coming in September and then again in October, I have to get done what I can while I can!


Anyway, here's this week's sketch.....



And, here's my creation.....




Paper from ???? Just some stuff I've had. I cuttlebugged the two strips of green and red with the Snow Dots folder. I forget the name of the company where I got the stamps. The ink is SU, coloring was done with colored pencils.

Thanks for looking!!

3 comments:

Paula S. said...

Wonderful card Linda! I'm glad to see some Christmas designs coming through I need some help to get in the holiday spirit and they did to be done early for OWH anyway.

Lily Lang said...

The card look great. Done well.

Gail said...

LINDA, YES, I am your forever friend. I can't make cards for heroes as I can't even try to duplicate your sketches. My cards do not seem very unique or professional like all who post on your site. With my Mom and joining a gym and work, I just about have time to make personal cards. Perhaps I could try to make some Christmas cards for the heroes as I don't think I am going to send too many cards this yesr. Okay, can't wait to see you next month. Love ya, Gail